Featured here is an Emerson 543 radio. The radio is not in proper working condition and has been serviced by someone else at one time. I am going to correct the filter caps so they are mounted safely in the radio and fix some of the signal caps. With a bit of troubleshooting, the 1st IF transformer has an open winding. After removing the IF transformer windings I found that there was a break in the wire at the post. It looks as if someone used some type of spray with a lubricant inside the transformer. I cleaned up the lubricant and took the silver mica section apart since these two capacitors will be an issue in the very near future. Stay tuned for updates on this radio.